The first Psalm gives a clear picture of how to be fruitful. We need to like a tree that is planted by streams of water. But what does this mean? The psalmist tells us.
Walk in the counsel of the ungodly
Stand on the path of sinners
Sit in the seat of mockers
Delight in the law of Jehovah
Meditate in His law by day and by night
(Psa 1:3 NIV)
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
You diligently study the Scriptures because
The Tree is one of the great images throughout scripture. Beginning in Genesis where there are:
- 1.Tree of Life
- 2.Tree of knowledge of good and evil
- For mankind to partake of the Tree of Life.
- Jesus said “I am the Way the Truth and the Life”
Can you see that it has always been God’s plan that we should ‘eat of Him’ (so to speak) – to get our nourishment, and all we need for LIFE in and through and by Him.
- For the enemy’s trap
- Eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil – be like God – know everything etc:•We’ve been full of ourselves ever since!
- •Pursuing knowledge…
- Tree of Life
- Hungering after God, feeding on Him, enjoying Him?
- Tree of Knowledge
- Forming our own opinions, arguing our cause?
What does this mean for me?
- Answer for yourself:
Where is my tree planted?
What is the source of my nourishment?
- Spiritual application...
- Practical application...